Damon Hart-Davis: Home Page
This page will remain a work-in-progress...
Here are some things about me or by me or whatever; the informal and
always-out-of-date 5-minute guide to DHD!
- My big project is OpenTRV
which has the modest aim of cutting the UK's entire carbon footprint by 10%
(and/or Europe's by 8%) at low cost
by halving space heating costs especially for homes
in a simple and fiddle-free way!
- With a little effort, and no hardship, my family and home/office seems to
have managed to cut down to ~33% of average 2007 UK household
electricity and gas consumption
and indeed as of 2010 we're roughly net "zero carbon" for them.
I've had a lot of fun getting to understand a little better our energy consumption
and how it might evolve in the future, with us even possibly going
'carbon-negative' and becoming net exporters of energy...
- I run ExNet Ltd, a company
focussed on networked, distributed and parallel software based in
of London (16 Willingham Way, Kingston-upon-Thames).
- See my contract work
and UK travel info
quick reference sheets.
- As of 20070427 I was an accredited UK election observer,
and used my new (not-quite-super) powers to photograph and video
the Brighton and Hove May 2007 City Council election.
- I am a daddy twice over! See, for example, some dad's notes on my children.
- See my gallery of multimedia
(mainly JPEGs) for Web sites; historically one of the most popular photo/art
sites in the UK with several million vistors per year. One interesting
aspect was developing and tuning Google's AdSense contextual ads.
- I give away some of the code I write in the hope that it will be useful
to others and save a few wasted hours here and there... Remember: a month
hacking code can often save an hour's reading and thinking!
- I find this public-domain list of the first 100,000 primes
useful in day-to-day coding so I've put up my local copy.
- As well as looking after ExNet's
Web site, I look after our family's.
- I am interested in precision network (NTP)
- I am a member of the
because I believe we should support interplanetary research and
exploration, including the SETI@home project and manned and unmanned exploration
- Some of my favourite sites on the Net:
- I provide a little support to The Canon Collins Trust to help improve education in southern Africa.
- A school reunion written up in the local paper!
- My CV.
- My mail address for personal mail is
content copyright Damon Hart-Davis 1996--2017 unless otherwise stated.